Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Jia Mu Si Tournament - Day 4

Breakfast at 9:00 am, Stretching, Pregame meal at 3:00 p.m. Meeting at 5:00 p.m. Warm-up next, head to the rink for on ice warm-up and then game four.

To break the monotony of that routine, I thought I would head outside for a walk in sunny Jia Mu Si today. It was very cold out and there was a decent strong wind. In spite of all that, many people were out and about. I headed down to the train station and into the big square. You can see the train station below:


Also, you can see a gazebo and some other businesses off the main square in Jia Mu Si below:


I walked back via a different route. The city of Jia Mu Si is a bit dirty as the snow piles are all covered in soot. For the most part the buildings are much older than in many places in Harbin also. After returning back to the Ba Yi Hotel, I went down the street to get some more water at the little store. I found a couple players in there picking up snacks. You can see Huo Cui below being helped by the lady who works there. A new lady today, but also very nice!


After my walk, I took a little nap before pregame meal. Like Bill Murray in groundhog day, I thought I would try some experimenting to change our luck. So, in the pregame meeting I changed our breakout to make us more offensive. Since we were already getting scored on a lot, we might as well have fun and get to play some offense today.

Well the outcome was better, as Harbin defeated us 12-4 today. Our new breakout generated many chances and two goals. We scored on the powerplay and also on the forecheck too. The girls seemed to have more fun today and learned a little something new.

Two more games and then we head home. I just found out this morning that we have changed our travel arrangements home and we will be traveling now by bus with the Harbin men’s team. Then, this afternoon, I found out they changed the game times here for Friday's games. You have to be flexible in this country as things can change any time.

From Jia Mu Si, goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home